Article game outside--Millie had a great time! I started to get the hang of the timing, although I am still having a hard time avoiding eye contact. The last one was almost perfect!
Ok. I must be seeing things. She is downing on an article. By choice. Happily. FANTASTIC!!! My favorite rep was the one where you tossed a treat away, she chased & ate it, and then trotted right over to the article and downed. Let’s repeat this tomorrow before we make any changed. This is awesome, simply awesome.
Millie 11/21 Obstacles Goal--to give Millie experience working TDX-like obstacles on a young track, including crossing asphalt road and handling transition from one type of cover to another (in this case back and forth between groomed field and roughly bushhogged brush). Five turns, 364 yards, 2 intermediate articles. Aged 45 minutes. Cover groomed grass, medium field grass, rough-cut brush. Several very new accidental cross-tracks Cover slightly damp. Mostly cloudy, 63°, light breeze, rh 83%. Good start, stuck nicely to first leg (although here and elsewhere she frequently stops and looks to side searching for the food drops that she knows must be there). Clear loss of scent at corner, but had to work a bit to find the line. Finally started in the right direction, although we had to stop to bark at a cross-country runner. My mistake in getting momentarily confused by the wrong line-up, but when she got the the road Millie corrected my mistake and crossed at exactly the right plac...
Brigid 11/15 Class Relatively short (≅100-≅50yard), one-turn track; food every 10 yards. Scuff out of corner. Sunny, low 60s, light breeze, rh 42%. Fairly dry medium length field grass. I was very pleased with the way she worked the first leg. Good work at corner, although I started to follow a bit too early before she showed real commitment. For the most part a good second leg, although she was seriously distracted by something to the left halfway down the leg and needed to be restrained. Finished the rest of the leg well, although she missed the article completely the first time past it. Aside from the distraction on the second leg, she worked the track well. We have to work on article recognition as well as indication. Did well on short, straight-line track on soybean stubble. Brigid 11/17 Starts: Four one-turn start tracks (30, 60, 90, 120 min old.) Each 75x40 yards. Sunny, 47°-53°, gentle (force 3) breeze, rh 24%. Short, groomed grass, dry. First and second tracks (30 ...
February 7, 2025 Millie Article Track. 250 yards, 30 min old. 6 articles aside from start. Sunny, mid-50s, light breeze, low humidity. I don't have much commentary to share with this video, except that I was perplexed by her distractibility from the very beginning. (Walk a few paces, then go off, then walk a bit, then go off again). I did try to restrain her from exploring, but we seem to have had trouble concentrating on the track. I also made the mistake of giving treats--from my hand--that were too high value (freshly cooked duck liver) whenever she found an article, so that with the second and subsequent articles her focus was too much on getting treats. I shall have to go to the "treats raining from heaven" approach when she is about to indicate. (Problem is that my aim is not very good). And on the whole her indications were indistinct. She seemed more inclined to indicate turn markers than actual articles, and missed the last two or three articles altogether. I re...
Ok. I must be seeing things. She is downing on an article. By choice. Happily. FANTASTIC!!! My favorite rep was the one where you tossed a treat away, she chased & ate it, and then trotted right over to the article and downed. Let’s repeat this tomorrow before we make any changed. This is awesome, simply awesome.
ReplyDelete💙 she adores you Ralph and she is so dang happy to be playing games alone with you. Congratulations.
ReplyDelete